Participants Needed for Chronic Disorganization Case Study
Chronic disorganization (CD) is more prevalant than once thought, as is being brought to light with TV shows such as Hoarders and TLC’s Buried Alive. But chronic disorganization doesn’t just include the extreme cases we’re shown on television.
What is chronic disorganization? The Institute for Challenging Disorganization (ICD) defines it as“having a past history of disorganization in which self-help efforts to change have failed, an undermining of current quality of life due to disorganization, and the expectation of future disorganization.” Learn more about chronic disorganization on ICD’s website.
I am Tracy K. Pierce, an Iowa Professional Organizer, owner of Synergy Organizing, and a certified bio energetic synchronization technique (B.E.S.T.) practitioner. Initially propelled by my own health challenges, I discovered B.E.S.T., around the same time I was starting to learn more about chronic disorganization in 2010. After having my own amazing healing experience with B.E.S.T.,as well as traveling to seminars and speaking with other B.E.S.T. practitioners, I began to wonder if this technique could be used in conjunction with Professional Organizing services, especially relating to the chronically disorganized, to help propel our clients towards the realization of their ideal lives even more quickly than without.
I have a couple participants so far and am currently seeing very positive results with these case study participants.
Are you one of the millions who has issues with chronic disorganization and are looking for a different solution? Consider participating on our case study!
Case Study Participant Requirements:
1. Must be willing to work with an Iowa Professional Organizer of his/her choosing. Must be willing to commit to working with a PO for at least nine consecutive months. The client decides his/her budget for services and the PO sets the schedule accordingly. Client will be responsible for any fees the PO charges.
2. Must be willing to travel to either Iowa City or West Branch, IA to receive B.E.S.T. treatments. If traveling from more than one hour away, B.E.S.T. practitioners will usually schedule one session in the morning, and then a second session in the afternoon. Must be willing to commit to working with a B.E.S.T. practitioner for at least nine consecutive months. If working with Tracy, full fees for B.E.S.T. treatment services will begin March 1, 2013 (25% off discount until then). If working with Dr. English, fees for services are expected at the time of session from the beginning of the case study.
3. Must have been diagnosed with either ADD, OCD, or Depression and also have chronic disorganization issues.
4. Client real names will not be used in the final submission and any personal identifying information will be changed. Although photos should be taken during the process of the living environment, those photos will only be used with the client’s permission.
5. If client if working with other professionals, such as a psychotherapist, social worker, case worker, etc, we kindly request that we all be able to share our information with each other – the more we can collaborate and work together as a team for the client, the more we’ll be able to help him/her consistently move forward.
6. Participants must be absolutely committed to making positive changes in their lives!
B.E.S.T. practitioners will include Tracy K. Pierce, Iowa City, and Dr. Tanya English, West Branch. Choose your Professional Organizer from any of the Iowa Professional Organizers. Learn more about B.E.S.T. at the website www.SynergyWellnessIC.com. Please contact me to learn more about participating in this case study.
Holistic Professional Organizer and Coach at Synergy Organizing, LLC
©Synergy Organizing 2012
Like this content? Sign up for our newsletter!