Participants Needed: B.E.S.T. and Chronic Disorganization Case Study
Developed and led by Tracy K. Pierce
Learn more about B.E.S.T. at the website www.SynergyWellnessIC.com.
Purpose: To determine if adding a B.E.S.T. practitioner to the CD Team or Hoarding Task Force working with a person with chronic disorganization (CD) helps the client move forward from the client’s chronic disorganization challenges more quickly than without. To determine if the addition to B.E.S.T. treatments to the client’s protocol affects the occurrence of backsliding in any way. Participants must have been medically diagnosed with at least one of the following: ADD, OCD, or Depression.
Who: The two B.E.S.T. practitioners in the beginning phase of the information gathering will be limited to Tracy Pierce, Iowa City, and Dr. Tanya English, West Branch. The Professional Organizers will be limited to those members of the Iowa Professional Organizers Association (IPO). The scope of persons involved in this case study may expand after the initial phase.
Tracy will work with the first three clients at no charge until March 1, 2013, since this is an “experimental” therapy in this field. In exchange, the client must give permission for her to use results of this study to write up and submit a case study to various associations and groups who study chronic disorganization and other related fields. Tracy will see clients at her office space in Iowa City. Dr. Tanya English will see clients in West Branch at her office for her regular rate. As Dr. English is a licensed chiropractor, clients who see her may be able to submit their treatments to their insurance for reimbursement. Clients concerned about insurance reimbursement can visit http://www.blest4today.com/insurance to learn more about what questions to ask your health insurance provider to determine coverage. At this time, the only B.E.S.T. practitioners involved will be Tracy and Dr. English.
Case Study Participant Requirements:
1. Must be willing to work with a Professional Organizer of his/her choosing. Must be willing to commit to working with a PO for at least nine consecutive months. The client decides his/her budget for services and the PO sets the schedule accordingly. Client will be responsible for any fees the PO charges.
2. Must be willing to travel to either Iowa City or West Branch, IA to receive B.E.S.T. treatments. If traveling from more than one hour away, B.E.S.T. practitioners will usually schedule one session in the morning, and then a second session in the afternoon. Must be willing to commit to working with a B.E.S.T. practitioner for at least nine consecutive months. If working with Tracy, fees for B.E.S.T. treatment services will begin March 1, 2013. If working with Dr. English, fees for services are expected at the time of session from the beginning of the case study.
3. Must have been diagnosed with either ADD, OCD, or Depression and also have chronic disorganization issues.
4. Client real names will not be used in the final submission and any personal identifying information will be changed. Although photos should be taken during the process of the living environment, those photos will only be used with the client’s permission.
5. If client if working with other professionals, such as a psychotherapist, social worker, case worker, etc, we kindly request that we all be able to share our information with each other – the more we can collaborate and work together as a team for the client, the more we’ll be able to help them consistently move forward.
6. Participants must be absolutely committed to making positive changes in their lives!
If you are interested in learning more or participating in this case study, please contact Tracy by emailing info@SynergyOrganizing.com or calling 319.400.0681.
Holistic Professional Organizer and Coach at Synergy Organizing, LLC
Like this content? Sign up for our newsletter!